Wednesday, March 21, 2007

A Cup of Inspirational Tea

It was in the Gallery Cafe, lunch hour.

I just finished my meal, as my history lecturer, Assoc. Prof. Dr. Mesut Idriz, waved me and offered me a cup of drink.

I refused, since I'm already full.

But he kept offering, sincerely, and my ex-classmate, who were sitting there, too, uttered "owh come on".

I accepted, a glass of iced-milked-tea.

We talked for a while.

Prof. Mesut shared with us, his personal methodology of reading, which is by keeping the books opened on the half of his bed. Also, some sort of "don't get married unless you've finished your PhD, because married people, at 11pm, they are on bed, having 'fishy-fishy' with their wives, and I do my thesis..."

Well, he did slap my face. Duh!

He is very busy with his tasks, and articles, and publications, perhaps.

I hope to be in his class again. He is great.

He is my inspiration. Just after my beloved my parents.

Thanks for every single moment, Prof. Mesut.

20 March 2007 [revised: 20th October 2010]

1 comments:

Nihlah Johari said...

uih... macam lame plak dah tak menjenguk... tbe2 je bnyk sgt entry.. hehehh.. maleh nak komen semua :P but wish u all d best! heh ;)